About Me

My photo
This blog really isn't designed to be about ME, however I am willing to share my life with you so that you can gain knowledge about living with cancer, the importance of continued research in cancer fighting drugs, and how the FDA's decisions on releasing or pulling a drug from cancer patients can greatly impact many lives. While my cancer is advanced breast cancer, I am fighting for all cancers, and actually life in general. My life has been directly affected by many other cancers as family members, friends and chemo buddies have died from various cancers. Each one of these people have shaped my life and I am fighting to honor their fight, and to continue fighting for all of us touched by this horible disease in some way. Most of all, I'm fighting for the right of my 11 year old daughter to continue having a healthy mother, and for my Husband and Mother to keep them from the pain and torment that comes from seeing a loved one die from cancer. The FIGHT IS ON!! Please join me!!!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Please Keep Praying!!! Houston Bound Next Week!!

Each day, I browse through the net looking for the latest news on the FDA's decision to hear Genentech's Notice of Opportunity Hearing.  It is becoming more difficult to find information...the FDA hasn't responded to the "NOOH" yet, so the issue seems to be slowing down in the main stream media. 
It is important that we keep this issue posted so that we can continue to gain awareness of what is taking place with our cancer research and what appears to be "Big Government"  control of health care.
I've been off this treatment now for 3 weeks, and will be returning to Houston next week for follow up appointments, blood work, and scans.  I pray that my body has recovered from any damage done, and that I can continue taking the Avastin.  Moving to another treatment concerns me due to the side effects that can leave you with little "quality" of life, and simply the fact that no other drug has ever worked for such a long period of time for me.  Please pray that whatever the doctor recommends that I will have the strength and courage to handle things.  I'm not ready to compromise my quality of life and ability to do things with my family, however I'm a fighter and will do what needs done.
As I have mentioned earlier in the month, no matter what the doctors say, I will continue this effort to fight for our rights as cancer patients.  This drug has been incredible to me and I hope to stay on it!
Thanks to all of you that have showed your support.  I've had emails that you have circulated, prayer warriors, churches praying, customers continuing to call the studio for appointments, and the list of support goes on and on...too much to write about. 
Thanks for the tickets to Houston Jennifer!!  I LOVE you!!  Can't wait to see you.  You are always the highlight of our Houston trips!
Please pray for our safe trip there and back and for wonderful news!

Love You All!!  God Bless!!
Julie

Oh, yeah....I've been selling jewelry to help me relieve some financial stress and to help with my trip to Houston.  Thanks to all of you that have taken the time to look at it and also to those of you who bought.  Even if you don't wear jewelry (like me), let someone know about it.  I don't wear jewelry because I don't have the cute clothes to wear with it, and I HATE the thought of buying clothes for this gross body of mine!  I have really enjoyed picking out the jewelry and handling it.  It's been FUN!!  I photograph so many high school seniors that I have some sense of fashion even though you don't see me wearing fashionable things.  I would if I felt better about my looks.  HA HA! 
If you would like to see the jewelry, it is currently at my mom's house for a showing.  I only purchased one of each item so that you know you are getting something somewhat unique.  I will be continuing to purchase more jewelry and hair accessories to keep displayed at the studio full time.  Please pass this news around.  Thanks!!!!!

http://www.kens5.com/news/health/I-TEAM--FDA-looks-to-pull-miracle-breast-cancer-drug-116280774.html

No comments:

Post a Comment