About Me

My photo
This blog really isn't designed to be about ME, however I am willing to share my life with you so that you can gain knowledge about living with cancer, the importance of continued research in cancer fighting drugs, and how the FDA's decisions on releasing or pulling a drug from cancer patients can greatly impact many lives. While my cancer is advanced breast cancer, I am fighting for all cancers, and actually life in general. My life has been directly affected by many other cancers as family members, friends and chemo buddies have died from various cancers. Each one of these people have shaped my life and I am fighting to honor their fight, and to continue fighting for all of us touched by this horible disease in some way. Most of all, I'm fighting for the right of my 11 year old daughter to continue having a healthy mother, and for my Husband and Mother to keep them from the pain and torment that comes from seeing a loved one die from cancer. The FIGHT IS ON!! Please join me!!!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Make a Difference!!!

This year can't possibly be coming to an end in 5 hours.  How did this happen?  Why is it that as we grow older, each year goes by a little quicker than the last?  It's the craziest thing! 

My husband is working, Rebecca is at a party, and I am sitting here at the computer in my mother's giant house all alone!!  The only sounds I hear are they typing keys and the rain hitting the windows.  It would seem a little eerie if I were going to remain alone all night, but here shortly I will be joining some great friends for New Year's Eve.  Rebecca was suppose to spend the night with her friend, but I can't ring in a new year without her!  It just wouldn't feel right...so I will be picking her up early.  Someday, she will understand.

This new year coming, I plan on "Making a Difference" in others lives.  It would be easy for me to ignore this latest battle that I'm now fighting for breast cancer, but I can't.  My mission is to put a stop to this, not only for my sake but for all of us.  The last few hours, I have been online emailing various news stations, and the drug company that makes Avastin in hope that they will read my blog and let my story be told.  This next week, I plan on making hard copy letters to send out to our elected officials on this matter.  I will gather addresses and even post a letter that you could sign and send.  Thanks to all of you for your continued support.  It amazes me the great ideas that you come up with.  Please continue to ask others to join in on the efforts, there is strength in numbers!  This is your opportunity to "Make a Difference" for all Americans.  This decision will impact all of us and many generations to come.  Like I said, it's not just about me, it is about our right to live. 

Thanks!!  Happy New Year!!  God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment