About Me

My photo
This blog really isn't designed to be about ME, however I am willing to share my life with you so that you can gain knowledge about living with cancer, the importance of continued research in cancer fighting drugs, and how the FDA's decisions on releasing or pulling a drug from cancer patients can greatly impact many lives. While my cancer is advanced breast cancer, I am fighting for all cancers, and actually life in general. My life has been directly affected by many other cancers as family members, friends and chemo buddies have died from various cancers. Each one of these people have shaped my life and I am fighting to honor their fight, and to continue fighting for all of us touched by this horible disease in some way. Most of all, I'm fighting for the right of my 11 year old daughter to continue having a healthy mother, and for my Husband and Mother to keep them from the pain and torment that comes from seeing a loved one die from cancer. The FIGHT IS ON!! Please join me!!!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Untitled

How do I begin to put a title on this post that I'm writing you that has my heart broken for so many women that are benefiting from Avastin, and those who will never know if the drug would have been a successful weapon in their own fight.  There simply aren't words for such a tragedy as this.

I am so grateful that this drug was available to me and worked wonders for such a long period of time.  Three years of "feeling" cancer free while in stage 4 was nothing less of a miracle to my family and me.  To all of you that are faced with the fears of what is to come in your future treatments, my prayers will be with you each day.  This isn't the end, we must continue to fight for this drug to remain an option for breast cancer patients.  Hopefully and I pray that since medicare will continue to pay for the treatment, then other insurance companies will follow along with medicare and also continue to pay for the treatments.

To those of you that spoke in Washington on the behalf of me and others that couldn't be there, thank you so much.  My cancer at this point leaves me with good and bad days unlike the days that Avastin was working to keep the cancer at bay.  Now I am bald, (but that's no big deal this time) and feel the actual pain of cancer pressing against my spine.  Treatments are once a week and sometimes blood infusions in there as well.  I plan on continuing to fight and once again have that cancer free "feeling" I had for the past 3 years. 

I am willing to do whatever I can do to be heard on the behalf of all of you women that are being robbed of this needed drug.  If my voice and story could help, I am ready.

Please don't become  discouraged in your fight against cancer.  Have faith that things will all work for the best.  God, my family and friends have been so wonderful to me that encouragement is always with me, and I'm so thankful for that.  I  WILL get better!!! 

God Bless!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment