About Me

My photo
This blog really isn't designed to be about ME, however I am willing to share my life with you so that you can gain knowledge about living with cancer, the importance of continued research in cancer fighting drugs, and how the FDA's decisions on releasing or pulling a drug from cancer patients can greatly impact many lives. While my cancer is advanced breast cancer, I am fighting for all cancers, and actually life in general. My life has been directly affected by many other cancers as family members, friends and chemo buddies have died from various cancers. Each one of these people have shaped my life and I am fighting to honor their fight, and to continue fighting for all of us touched by this horible disease in some way. Most of all, I'm fighting for the right of my 11 year old daughter to continue having a healthy mother, and for my Husband and Mother to keep them from the pain and torment that comes from seeing a loved one die from cancer. The FIGHT IS ON!! Please join me!!!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Story...What a Blessing!!

Oh, how I've missed blogging to you.  I'm not sure how long I'll be able to blog today because my hands are already shaking, but I'm going to try and blog each day to let you know my story and latest journeys and what's to come in the future.

When I began this blog, I said it wasn't about ME, but for now, these post will be about me and the past month.  I hope you find courage, comfort, peace, and a stronger faith in God, friends and family through my experience

Before I begin I want to Thank God for blessing me with a wonderful family and faithful friends.  Your prayers got me through this, and for that I am forever grateful.

So the story begins...

Exhausted!!  Months of pure exhaustion that was only getting worse.  Sleeping in between photo shoots became a  normal part of my daily routine.  Tina was coming to the studio to help me make a backdrop for the New Madrid homecoming dance that we were to photograph in a few days.  One more photo shoot, but I had 3 hours before it began.  How I would survive to last at the studio another 3 hours, I had no idea!  I grabbed my pillows and cover, locked the front door and was sound asleep within seconds.  The next thing I know, Tina is at the studio with me and I remember telling her that there was NO way that I could work on the backdrop, I simply didn't have the energy.  Tina helped me with my last session and the second they left the studio I looked at Tina and said "I think I need to be in the hospital."  We left my car in Charleston, and Tina took me straight to the hospital.

Just as I thought, that was exactly where I needed to be.  At that time I had pneumonia in my left lung.  This was on Thursday, Feb. 17.  My appointment in Houston was only 5 days away, so I thought, "Oh, I'll be in here over night, possibly 2 nights, then I will continue with my plans to fly out of St. Louis to Houston for my routine check-up.  Yeah.....right.....!!!!   Things didn't go as I had planned.  God had other plans for me that didn't involve Houston at all.

For the privacy of my doctors and nurses, I won't mention any of their names during the blog, however it goes without saying that I had the absolute best care that a patient could possibly receive.  Both Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, and St. Francis Medical in Cape had incredible doctors and nurses.

This is just the surface of my story, please check back tomorrow as I plan on sharing my entire story over time.  It's going to take time and I believe you will find parts of it amazing, and other parts may put you to sleep.  (no punt intended)

Until Next Time!!! GOD BLESS, and THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment