About Me

My photo
This blog really isn't designed to be about ME, however I am willing to share my life with you so that you can gain knowledge about living with cancer, the importance of continued research in cancer fighting drugs, and how the FDA's decisions on releasing or pulling a drug from cancer patients can greatly impact many lives. While my cancer is advanced breast cancer, I am fighting for all cancers, and actually life in general. My life has been directly affected by many other cancers as family members, friends and chemo buddies have died from various cancers. Each one of these people have shaped my life and I am fighting to honor their fight, and to continue fighting for all of us touched by this horible disease in some way. Most of all, I'm fighting for the right of my 11 year old daughter to continue having a healthy mother, and for my Husband and Mother to keep them from the pain and torment that comes from seeing a loved one die from cancer. The FIGHT IS ON!! Please join me!!!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Standard Democrat and KFVS 12 Interview

This week was very productive toward being heard thanks to the kindness of  The Standard Democrat paper and KFVS 12 News.  Both interviewers with the two news medias were easy to talk with and made me feel extremely comfortable.  Thanks to both of you for your time and efforts.  I'm glad to know both of you!

God heard my prayers and blessed me with a flawless morning.  Even though I woke up later than I planned (I'm not a morning person) I was able to pull it all together and be ready on time.  Stephanie with KFVS 12 was such a pleasure,  I felt like I'd known her all my life. When I sat down in front of the camera something took over me and I was at ease and started talking from the heart.  I don't even know exactly what I said, it simply flowed.  I can't explain it other than this is life as I know it and God gave me the strength to share it with others.  Now I pray that what I said will make sense and make a difference in the governments decision  to back the FDAs decision or not.

Thanks to all of you for your continued support.  Thank to Vicki H. for getting the ball rolling on this interview.  You are truly inspirational  Vicki.  Thanks to Rhonda, Katie, Teresa, Lauren, Sara, Rebecca and Dewey for being the early risers that helped me through this morning.  Thanks Rhonda for being interviewed.  At least they will see one beautiful face in the interview!  HA!  And to my great friend Beth F.  Thank you for allowing us to use El Tomaria Farms for the interview.  It was a perfect setting, and your indoor arena worked perfect.  Most of all Thank You KFVS 12 for giving me the opportunity to share this story.  Stephanie, you and your camera man were so incredible, it was so nice meeting you!

The footage will be aired January 12th on the morning show and at 5:00.  Please watch. Oh, and the article that the Standard Democrat is publishing will be in the paper this Sunday.

I've got to get to bed, my cowgirl is barrel racing and pole bending tomorrow.  She has been practicing daily.  Being a rodeo mom is the BEST!!  Go Rebecca!!

Good Night!  God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment