About Me

My photo
This blog really isn't designed to be about ME, however I am willing to share my life with you so that you can gain knowledge about living with cancer, the importance of continued research in cancer fighting drugs, and how the FDA's decisions on releasing or pulling a drug from cancer patients can greatly impact many lives. While my cancer is advanced breast cancer, I am fighting for all cancers, and actually life in general. My life has been directly affected by many other cancers as family members, friends and chemo buddies have died from various cancers. Each one of these people have shaped my life and I am fighting to honor their fight, and to continue fighting for all of us touched by this horible disease in some way. Most of all, I'm fighting for the right of my 11 year old daughter to continue having a healthy mother, and for my Husband and Mother to keep them from the pain and torment that comes from seeing a loved one die from cancer. The FIGHT IS ON!! Please join me!!!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

PLEASE READ THIS THE ARTICLE BELOW AND SIGN THE PETITION

Finally!!  I have found what I would call the best written article yet on the issue of Avastin.  Please, if you have a moment, read the article and sign the petition that is against the FDA taking Avastin from breast cancer patients. 
The author couldn't have summed things up better.  I've always wondered why breast cancer among all cancers gets SO much attention.  It is ironic that the one cancer that gets 99% of all cancer attention and support just happens to be the one that the FDA is deciding to no longer approve Avastin treatments for.  If they go through with their decision, they will truly see women FIGHT!!  You just don't mess with a terminally "well" breast cancer patient when it comes to the drug that is sustaining her life!  We will fight to make this right for all of us!  Critical decisions about life and death and quality vs. quantity will have to remain in the hands of the patient and doctor care.  This holds true for every citizen of the US.  If a drug has been already approved by the FDA and works to save a life, then it should NOT be pulled! 
 The hype behind October's breast cancer awareness month has become more of a marketing adventure for companies to grab the attention of potential buyers to purchase their product in "pink", making you think you are "helping" raise money for research and awareness.  Any money towards this cause is appreciated and needed, but seriously, do we have to make our dog food bags "pink" to do so?!?!?!  I, myself get SICK of all the pink stuff!  Let's give the other cancers their time in the "spotlight", no one cancer deserves more attention than another.  Purple is the universal cancer color, and I personally wish that it had stopped there.  And one more thing I must say, (not to offend anyone), but the "save the ta tas" and "save second base" T shirts and bumper stickers make me sicker than chemo!!  I doubt there are many breast cancer patients out there that find much humor in these, I sure don't.  Even at 30, when I had a figure and some looks about me, I could care less about loosing my breast, I just wanted to remain alive.  Vanity goes completely away when you have to face a mastectomy and loosing all of your hair within a month, and then you see what you're really made of!!  It's not such a "pink satin ribbon" world!  It would be more appropriate for us to wear a ribbon made of an IV tube with a poison sign on it than these pretty pink, everything is curable, perfect world stuff.
Ok, so I vented to you!  I don't do that often, but her article fired me up! 
Everyone keeps asking me where we are in this fight.  We are still waiting for the FDA to respond to Genentechs Notice of Opportunity for a Hearing "NOOH".
In the mean time, please go to this online petition and do your part to help us in these efforts to stop the FDA from interfering with our treatments that have been working.

Thanks Everyone For Following!!
Please keep checking back and sharing with your friends via fb or email.

No comments:

Post a Comment